San Bernardino County has
big Supersized plans for the Prado Regional Park, which consists of about 2300 acres of land that currently owned by the Army corps of Engineers. This is the very land in which the PVMAC is located; 20 acres leased to the PMVAC by the Army Corps of Engineers. A project was started in June of 2018 to develop a master plan on how to best utilize this land to become a premier park for Southern California and include amenities and activities that will make a favorite recreation destination. All ideas are being considered including the usual park favorites such as a Pool, dog park, skate park, Tennis courts, Soccer fields, Basketball softball, walking and biking trails. But there are more grandiose ideas as well. Ideas such as a water park, rock climbing, a festival area for Music and other festivals, an amphitheater, NFL practice area, community Farm and petting zoo, zip lines, BMX track and the list goes on.
There have already been 2 community workshops held to present and get feedback from the public. Some of our PVMAC board and members had an opportunity to attend and setup a booth at the second workshop on April 6th, to help promote our club and the positive impact we have had on the surrounding communities. In addition to being Southern California’s premier RC flying club and a Gold Leader AMA club, we also allow the Chino PD use of the field for training purposes, are the go to field for local universities’ future aeronautical engineers where they test their new designs and ideas, teach youth and adults alike how to flying, host numerous dog and kennel club weekend gatherings, and host 3-4 flying events every year, including the Toys for tots even which brings in hundreds of toys for the children of the U.S. Marines.
As a PVMAC club member and frequent user of the Prado Regional Park where our field is located, We encourage each of our members to take the survey and submit feedback on how you would like the Prado Regional Park to be used. Below are links to 2 surveys, one of which is still open, and the other looks like it may open soon. I have also included the links to download the slides that were presented at each workshop, as well as a couple newspaper articles that have appeared in local newspapers, where you can and should read more about the Prado Regional Park Master Plan.
- Survey 1 –https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PradoParkMasterPlan
- Survey 2 – https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PradoParkMasterPlanAlternatives
- Chino Champion 8/4/18- http://www.championnewspapers.com/news/article_a81bf58e-9759-11e8-8aa2-afbd72d82187.html
- Chino Champion 2/2/19- http://www.championnewspapers.com/news/article_ccdc443c-2660-11e9-9b6e-4f009fee56c5.html
- Daily Bulletin 1/23/19 – https://www.dailybulletin.com/2019/01/23/music-sports-a-farm-residents-can-say-what-they-want-at-prado-regional-park-in-chino/amp/
- SB County Master Plan Web Page https://cms.sbcounty.gov/parks/Parks/PradoRegionalPark/MasterPlanProjectUpdate.aspx
- Workshop Presentation 1 (1/30/2019) -36MB
- Workshop Presentation 2 (4/6/2019) -50mb